Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wir leben im Deutschland - We're living in Germany

So if you haven't heard, we are living in Germany now.  This is a photo of our last night in San Antonio, Texas on the Riverwalk.  Georg got into an amazing MBA Program here in Germany.  We had been looking to apply into and come in the late summer for some fall programs but things came together rather quickly, surprisingly and unexpectedly for WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management in Vallendar, Germany.  http://www.whu.edu/cms/en/home/ The classes started February 28th.  Georg contacted them after the deadline, applied, got accepted, received a scholarship, we sold, packed up and moved in just barely over 3 weeks.  It has been a whirlwind really but full of miracles, blessings and many answers to prayer.   Thank you to so many of you who have helped us in so many different ways.  I stayed over in Houston with Ella for two more weeks while Georg, found us a place to live and started school.  We had a great time visiting with my family although my Dad sadly had to leave for China for business.  Ella loved playing with her Grandma, cousins - Brendan & Donavan, Aunt Melanie and Uncle Jason.  She did amazingly well on the flight over with her Mama, though I did not sleep, she did a little, but was mostly happy!!!  We even had to go through security 3 times, starting in Houston to Newark, NJ to Copenhagen, Denmark and then to Hannover, Germany where my in-laws picked us up.  She made lots of friends who were super helpful and thought she was a doll - she is!  We are very excited but will miss so many of you!  The program is 16 months, but we are planning on staying indefinitely depending on the Lord's plans for us as well.  Come see us sometime!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

How nice to hear an update from you Laura! Your daughter is beautiful. How fun to be living in Germany.

Amy said...

So glad you are posting! Keep it up - I haven't seen pictures of Ella for a long time. Her hair is finally long enough to stay down - so cute. Glad the flight wasn't too bad. Mom mentioned that she was kind of grumpy after you got there but that's to be expected. Post some pics and update when you get a little more settled. I want to see the apartment. Love ya.

Leslie Pack said...

Thanks for Blogging I will be checking a lot more often. I love the picture of Ella and Gma - I need that on my Facebook page. This is a good and easier way to see pictures and what you are doing.